As the group's leader, Zolf does his best to keep the group on task, making sure his teammates stay focused and their employers come through with timely payment.
Zolf is older than the rest of the party, being somewhere around 50 (essentially around 30 in dwarf years), and has had several careers in his life. He is a religious dwarf, converting after a near-death experience. He does grow to question his faith as events unfold.
Zolf used to be a sailor and pirate, and he lost his left leg to a misadventure during his seafaring days. His leg was replaced with a metal peg leg. A rather grizzled, salty sea-dog. Wears cheap off the peg scale armour, and a large brown oilskin coat. Blond haystack hair, green eyes, beard is like a pair of muttonchops that have gotten way out of hand and have been braided.
In combat, he wields a shield and trident (the favoured weapon of his deity) and has a driftwood dolphin as his holy symbol.
Changes in Appearance
In In Seine in the Membrane, Zolf receives briny water legs from Poseidon.
Upon returning to the party in Tadaima, Zolf's hair is snow white and shorter, and his beard is now in one big plaid down the middle, tied together with a golden circlet with an emerald set in it. He wears breastplate armour with engravings, but it does not have any Poseidon iconography on it, and does not have his driftwood dolphin. Additionally, in Violent Reactions, he reveals in he no longer has the water legs that Poseidon gave him, but rather prosthetics made with technology from the Simulacrum.
Puncture wound on right temple from spike in Blobs, Spikes, Spiders & Booms. Looks like a bullet wound.
- Heavy Wooden Shield (which floats)
- Scale Mail
- Adventuring kit, Mining lantern, Compass and Whistle
- Rapier (looted in ep 56)
- Glaive (RQG 128 - Tadaima)
From the West Country.
Shipwreck, cult of Poseidon Formation of the Rangers Loss of other leg Angst Fight with Bertie Left for some soul searching
- prepared caster
Languages: English, Dwarven, Ancient Greek
- Profession sailor
- Endure Elements
- Mechanically Sad
- Not good at acrobatics, stealth and climbing
- +2 save against poison
- +4 combat manoeuvre defence against Bullrush and Trip
- +2 appraise on all treasure found in or under water
- +2 perception stone-based works, traps and doors
- +2 sea survival
- Dark vision (60 ft)
- +1 to attack and +2 to dodge against aquatic and water types
- Iron Will
- Worship Poseidon (domains are water and islands)
- Stepping stones
Zolf's domain spells are: Obscuring Mist, and Air Bubble
Bull's strength Freedom's Call (Liberation Domain)
Main Ability Scores
|Stat||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 8|
|Base Attack Bonus||0(?)|
Post Timeskip Magic glaive
- "The only law that I... adhere to is the law of my god, and my god demands that eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Justice and balance in things." (RQG 13)
- "Having finished both his whiskeys, he wanders off in search of more." (RQG 20)
- (Drunkenly, to Hamid) "Alright Squeaky McShortarms, we'll do what you say." (RQG 20)
- (About Oscar Wilde) "He did have a really nice bum." (RQG 25)
- (In response to being asked if he's served in the navy) "I've been on board... boats." (RQG 27)
- (To Hamid) "Do a grief later, deal with problem now." (RQG 50)
- “Okay, so, Harrison Cambell, right? He writes, just, the most amazing romance novels! Like, seriously, you need- [stammers with excitement].” (RQG 63)
- “Uh, no, I think you’ll find With the Passion of the Sun is the greatest romance novel ever written!” (RQG 63)